Data Analytics Theory and Applications Laboratory
Data Science, Text Analytics, Social Media Mining, Science of Science, Computational Social Science, Human-Centered Computing
Wesam Alruwaili, James Bonasera, Jonathon Gaff, Brian Homerding, Bradley Protano, Jamieson Walker
- Siravuri, H. V., and Alhoori, H. What makes a research article newsworthy? Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology 54, 1 (2017), 802--803.
- Kondamudi, P. R., Protano, B., and Alhoori, H. Pokémon go: Impact on yelp restaurant reviews. In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM on Web Science Conference (2017), ACM, pp. 393--394.
- Kale, B., Siravuri, H. V., Alhoori, H., and Papka, M. E. Predicting research that will be cited in policy documents. In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM on Web Science Conference (2017), ACM, pp. 389--390.
- Bailey, C., Kale, B., Walker, J., Siravuri, H. V., Alhoori, H., and Papka, M. E. Exploring features for predicting policy citations. In Digital Libraries (JCDL), 2017 ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on (2017), IEEE, pp. 1--2.
- Alhoori, H., and Furuta, R. Recommendation of scholarly venues based on dynamic user interests. Journal of Informetrics 11, 2 (2017), 553--563.
- Alhoori, H. How to identify specialized research communities related to a researcher's changing interests. In Proceedings of the 16th ACM/IEEE-CS on Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (New York, NY, USA, 2016), JCDL '16, ACM, pp. 239--240.
- Alhoori, H., and Furuta, R. Do altmetrics follow the crowd or does the crowd follow altmetrics? In Proceedings of the 14th ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2014), JCDL '14, IEEE Press, pp. 375--378.
- Alhoori, H., Ray Choudhury, S., Kanan, T., Fox, E., Furuta, R., and Giles, C. L. On the relationship between open access and altmetrics. iConference 2015 Proceedings (2015).
We are looking for highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students to work on exciting projects in Data Science, Text Mining and Social Media Mining. Research assistant positions are available. If you are interested, please send your CV, transcripts, TOEFL and GRE scores (if applicable), and all other supporting documents to Hamed Alhoori. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.